Have you ever face a huge code problem? And after a look you realize that have several options. When the code it is so clear to you in your mind that you have two or three options to solve it. Them you lose more time writing the code that thinking the solution. Congratulations you a skill senior developer but ¿do you remember when it wasn’t like this?
I’m still a very green junior programmer, when I struggle with a code problem first, I try to find the original technical documentation. If that it doesn’t work try to search in stack overflow, google or write in slack to my senior friends. Sometimes that help it is enough. But when the problems it is too big and I lost like 4 hours even 2 days trying to solve. I get frustrated (very f#@* frustrated).
Frustration appears to be the worst enemy. You are really try to find a solution and at the same time you fight with a feeling that it is telling you that you are not good enough that this problem it is not for someone of your level. You fight with that keyboard und at the same time with that little voice in your head. You make a bunch of algorithm and if you work hard enough, them after a lot of research and two or three coffee cups that code compiles or run.
At first I hated this. That felling. That voice. Them I realize that you can learn more from a mistake that from a code that run smoothly, every research give me more than one way to solve the problem so when I encounter similar issues. A have wide set of tools was at my disposal to code. That it is the strength that you can take out from this challenges that coding give. You can keep with dedication and study grow as developer.
In this moment with my limited code experience. A senior developing group and I have decided to work in helping others to solve this frustration. So when you reach this boiling point when you believe that anybody can help you. a solution like Help Code can present to you a senior developer to be with you in this important process. Solving and understanding your problem. See you soon in Help Code.
By Juan D.
Alvarez
Comentarios
Publicar un comentario